Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vegetable Noodle Soup


2010-2-3

Vegetable Noodle Soup

The version I made today is Celiac Disease friendly. No whey products whatsoever. The pasta is made of brown rice. I have a few friends who hav Celiac Disease, so I have become increasingly curious about meals that are acceptable for them to consume.

Ingredients:
  • brown rice pasta (rotini)
  • celery, chopped
  • carrots, chopped
  • red potatoes, small blocks
  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • garlic
  • green onions
  • water
  • chicken broth
  • sea salt
  • ground cumin
  • parsley flakes
  • thyme leaves
  • oregano
  • egyptian basil
  • a hint of cayenne pepper
Directions:
I cooked the sweet onion and pasta each separately. Everything else went into a pot. Added the spices last.

Usually make this with chicken breast. I'm frustrated that I overcooked the pasta, AGAIN. Seems to be something I do quite often. Ruins the presentation and the appeal, I think. The flavor was decent. Am still trying to perfect this soup.

No comments: