Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Seared salmon

2011-5-4

Seared Salmon

Fish and meat can easily be overcooked. Results of overcooking, depending on the food in question, is dry, rubbery, over chewy crap. For fish, I don't recommend baking, unless super carefully monitored; easily overcooked when baking.

I pan fried - seared - the salmon.

My sister came for a visit and picked up all kinds of goodies. This morning, I seared the salmon. This afternoon, I tended to the pork and ribs, decorated with celery, carrots, mushrooms, red onion, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and other spices. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Back to the salmon, in a pan on lower medium heat, with some green onions and olive oil, I sizzled the green onions for several minutes. Then I dropped in the salmon (which was frozen but had been defrosting in the refrigerator), adding sea salt and a bit of soy sauce for flavor. Should be somewhat pink and transparent on the inside. It was amazing that I didn't overcook any of the fish (I cooked six pieces of salmon, three at a time), considering I was also getting my children out of their bath and helping to dress them. . .

Cooked just right. Delicious.

No comments: