Stuffed Red Peppers
- grass fed ground beef - I got approximately 1 1/2 lbs, but I ended up have loads leftover (which was fine; I used it as a spaghetti sauce)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- medium white rice, cooked, 2 cups, I think
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 jar, 26 oz Spinelli's classic marinara sauce
- Worcestershire sauce, a few dabs here and there
- red miso glaze - a squeeze here, a squeeze there
- fresh basil - 6-10 leaves, sliced in chunks
- sea salt
- garlic & salt from a grinder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the medium grain rice. I used my rice cooker to do the job.
- Rinse and wash the red bell peppers. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes. Then cut a bit more off the top and dice. Set aside both, the peppers (with the tops cut off) and the diced peppers.
- Cook the diced onion on low to medium heat, with olive oil, until the onion is transparent. Put out the onion (and set it aside) while leaving behind the olive oil and onion juices. Using the same pan, on medium heat, brown the ground beef. Add Worcestershire sauce and red miso glaze. Then, add in the diced bell peppers and the onion. Cook for a few minutes with a lid on. Add sea salt, garlic, and 80% of the marinara sauce. Stir and let it boil softly for a few minutes. Add the basil and stir gently.
- Stuff the peppers!
- Set the peppers in a baking pan.
- Drizzle tops of the peppers with remaining marinara sauce and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour.