Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya


Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya

Made Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya today. It is incredibly tasty and delectable. Oh my goodness. Tweaked it a bit here and there from the first few times I made it. Here's the jumping off point.

I added the following ingredients to that recipe:
  • carrots
  • a red bell pepper and an orange bell pepper (instead of a green pepper)
  • red potatoes
  • canned diced tomatoes (instead of fresh tomatoes, since tomatoes are not in season now)
  • milk, water (in addition to chicken broth)
Amendment to directions:

The last time I made this soup, I was unhappy that the shrimp was 2/3 the size it was before cooking (I purchased them raw). To prevent that from happening, like the last time I made this soup, I cooked the chicken breast and the shrimp separately and individually, from the rest of the soup. Unlike the previous times, I set them aside until the soup's ready to serve and dumped them into the soup once I turned the stove off. Results: wunderbar and still juicy!

No comments: