Friday, January 29, 2010

A very slight modification

2010-1-29

Curry Soup

I seem to be making this A LOT lately, partly because my husband loves eating it, even meatless. My plan is to gradually tweak this soup to perfection, as I did with hot & sour soup. My version of hot and sour soup is unlike any restaurant version I've sampled and unlike any recipe I've seen. That soup, I've made my own completely. With lots of experimentation, using my sense of taste and smell, I refined the hot and sour soup to my liking. Well, I haven't made it in a long time, so I don't know whether it would still pass my muster.

Curry is something relatively new to me, experimentally. I've been using curry paste to make this soup, but my goal is to move away from that towards using the (powdered) spice instead. This time, instead of using a sweet onion, I used a red onion. Green peppers weren't on sale, so I used red bell peppers, which were on sale. This is also the first time I used green onions; thought adding the color would be a nice touch.

No comments: