Sunday, July 11, 2010

Garden delight all done

Pickled Kohlrabi

My side of the family came towards the end of June, and they left, leaving behind exquisite vegetables from Daddy's garden. Yesterday, the last of the vegetables were consumed. I was the only one working on the kohlrabi.

And there was much to be had. See?

Not the usual size one spots in the grocery store. Took some effort to cut the thing.

Since I wanted to pickle the kohlrabi, I cut it into small pieces, so it would soak in the sugar, salt, vinegar, and sesame oil more easily.

Into smaller pieces, I cut.

And finally this.

Lots of kohlrabi to come. That's why I took nearly two weeks to finish all of it. Oh yes, and I had a violent stomach bug to interrupt consumption of delicious food.

I am sad all that deliciousness is gone. Sad, sad, sad.

No comments: