This is totally my own creation. Inspiration from no other source than me. I'm a bit fuzzy on what I put in, but here's the general idea.
Wild Rice & Veggies
- 1 32 oz bag of small carrots, cut into thirds or fourths
- 1 thing of celery, washed and cut thinly
- 1 red onion cut thinly
- butter, no more than 2 tsp
- 2 6.0 packages of Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe
- chicken broth
- milk, perhaps 1/2 cup
- sea salt
- parsley flakes
- several cloves of garlic, diced
- In a pan, with a bit of olive oil (perhaps a few tablespoons of olive oil), on medium heat, cook the red onion until it's transparent. Then set aside, leaving behind any olive oil or onion juice.
- In the same pan, throw in the garlic. After the garlic has been sizzling for half a minute to a minute, add in the carrots, celery, some water (around a cup), milk (approx. 1/2 cup), and chicken broth (maybe 1/2 to 1 cup). Place the lid on the pan. Season with sea salt and parsley flakes in the cooking process. Cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, in a separate pot, cook the long grain and wild rice according to the directions on the box(es).
- In a 9 x 13 rectangular stoneware, lay all the vegetables, including the soup and broth, across the bottom evenly. Next, layer on the onion. Finally, spread out the long grain and wild rice on top evenly. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if you like. Cover and cook at 350 degrees in the oven for an hour.